Buying Bitcoin in America - No KYC

How To Buy Bitcoin in America without KYC

If you are new to buying Bitcoin, or crypto in general, you may ask, what’s KYC? KYC is “Know Your Customer”. It requires exchanges and institutions selling or buying crypto to accurately identify the customer, typically through at the very least, photo identification.

I personally despise the government and the oversight they want to put into my finances, as well as what chemicals I am allowed to ingest.

First off - Set up a wallet for yourself
Hot wallets are internet-enabled and online, while cold wallets are offline and come in the form of a physical device, like a USB stick. Cold wallets are inherently more secure, the ones mentioned below have offline capabilities but are not a physical device. It is important to keep custodian of your wallets, so never leave your crypto on an exchange if you were to go a different route than this method.

You will have to download to your mobile device

Best for Beginners
Exodus - Mobile and Desktop Hot Wallet
Best for Intermediates
Mycelium - Mobile Hot/Cold Wallet
My Personal Favorite
Samourai Wallet - Android Hot/Cold Wallet

With Samourai, you are able to directly mix your Bitcoin in the app with Whirlpool and route your Bitcoin through other addresses with Ricochet, keeping distance from the end address, potentially bypassing any register of blacklisted addresses.

Setting Up A non-VOIP Phone Number
This will first be required by buying with KYC means. This company is based in Wyoming, USA, so they are able to be subpoenaed. If you want full non-KYC, purchase with VPNs, create a throwaway account with you KYC info, exchange your Bitcoin bought through this method and exchange it to Monero(XMR) on Bisq and exchange it back to Bitcoin and fund your second… Text Verified account. You are going to purchase a phone number for CoinFlip Bitcoin ATM.

Buying Your Bitcoin
Available in every state and DC, except New York. Each number will allow you to purchase up to $900 per day of Bitcoin. This company has the best fees for buying out of any ATM company I have encountered.

• Click the Bitcoin image then “I Agree” to the terms

• Click “Up to $900” then “I Agree” to the privacy policy

• It will send you a 5 digit number via SMS to verify you own the phone number. It may take a couple minutes for Text Verified to refresh with it, but enter it into the ATM.

• Go to your wallet and click on “Receive” and when it gives you your address, bring it up as a QR code in the app.

• Scan your QR code on the camera and verify it matches

• Put it up to $900 into the machine and when you are done hit “Buy BTC”

Congratulations! You just bought Bitcoin without identifying yourself.

Whenever you’re using a physical machine related to finance, you can pretty much assume the place is swarmed with cameras. So technically you’re still identifying yourself. At least to whoever runs the ATM and the government.

It has a camera in it to detect QR code, and it would be a safe assumption that CoinFlip is always recording as a security precaution for theft of said machine. The likelihood of LE figuring it was tied to quasi/illegal activity and then subsequently subpoenaing the host of the ATM for their localized cameras within the maximum realistic timespan of 12 weeks, is relatively improbable. Keep in mind police recommend, and to my second hand knowledge from people that have worked in management, they generally delete surveillance after 31 days.

But yes, to your point, it is a risk factor. I always wear a mask and do not drive my car to the gas station that it is hosting the ATM.

Sure, it’s highly unlikely that camera footage will be used for anything when you’re just buying some substances for personal use here and there. But, anything more than that, and it becomes an important part of your opsec. Especially when it’s somewhat regular.